Conference on the Michelson-Morley experiment held at the Mount Wilson observatory Pasadena, California February 4 and 5, 1927
Материал из Эфирный ветер
The Astrophysical Journal. An International Review of Spectroscopy and Astronomical Physics. Volume LXVIII. December 1928. Number 5.
- I. Professor A. A. Michelson (University of Chicago)
- II. Professor H. A. Lorentz (Leiden, Holland)
- III. Professor Dayton C. Miller (Case School of Applied Science)
- IV. Dr. Roy J. Kennedy (California Institute Of Technology)
- V. Professor E. R. Hedrick (University of California at Los Angeles)
- VI. Professor Paul S. Epstein (California Institute of Technology)
- VII. Professor Paul S. Epstein (California Institute of Technology)
The presence of Professor A. A. Michelson and Professor H. A. Lorentz in Pasadena in the early months of 1927 offered an exceptional opportunity for a conference on the theoretical and practical aspects of the Michelson-Morley experiment. Since Professor Michelson had planned, with the co-operation of the Mount Wilson Observatory, to repeat the experiment, such a conference was especially desirable. This was arranged largely on the initiative of Dr. Charles E. St. John. The experimental side was further presented by Dr. Roy S. Kennedy. This was supplemented by a mathematical treatment of the light-path by Professor E. R. Hedrick, as developed by himself and Professor L. Ingold, and by an account presented by Professor P. S. Epstein of the Trouton-Noble experiment, recently repeated at the California Institute of Technology by Chase, and of other recent experimental investigations. Illuminating discussion followed the presentation of the general reports. The shorthand notes were taken by Dr. Fritz Zwicky and Glenn H. Palmer, of the California Institute. These have been reviewed by the authors. The addresses by Professors Michelson and Lorentz were followed by a detailed account of the results obtained by Professor D. C. Miller, who, fortunately, was also able to be present.
[править] See also
- http://adsabs.harvard.edu/full/1928ApJ....68..341M SAO/NASA Astrophysics Data System (ADS) Title: Conference on the Michelson-Morley Experiment Held at Mount Wilson, February, 1927. Authors: Michelson, A. A., Lorentz, H. A., Miller, D. C., Kennedy, R. J., Hedrick, E. R., & Epstein, P. S., Journal: Astrophysical Journal, vol. 68, p.341. (in PDF, in DjVu with text layer).